Saturday 5 August 2017

Mermaid wishes - under the sea

Hello,
this is my DT card for the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge this month, which is anything goes with the option of under the sea.

I started with a white 8 x 8 card blank on to which I layered a pale yellow mat. The free gift in a recent issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft was some Mermaid wishes papers and stamps so I used one of the papers as another mat on the card front. Using the Create and Craft Couture Sea Siren die set I cut the mermaid, some starfish and seashells from golden yellow card, and 3 sets of seaweed from dark sea green card. Using the oval die from Tonic's Art Nouveau die set I cut a base from the pale yellow card and the detail from light sea green card.

I used a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to add some sparkle to the mermaid's tail. I layered the detail die cut on to the base mat, then added the sea weed, mermaid and a few starfish to the topper. I then adhered the topper to the right side of the card using foam pads.

I stamped the sentiment, then using the Tonic Bowscale die cut that out and also a mat from the pale sea green card. This was attached to the top left of the card using foam pads. I then dotted the golden yellow starfish and seashells about the card front.

Thanks for stopping by, please join us at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment