Monday 20 July 2015

Someone special card

Hello there,
For this card I started with a cream A5 landscape card blank and decided to use a paper pad I bought a couple of years ago but hadn't used as I like it so much - as you do. I chose 2 co-coordinating sheets and cut 2 panels which I layered on to Kraft card, then layered the small panel on to the left side of the large one and put them on the card blank. I used the Tonic Swirly Frame die to cut a mat from Kraft card and then the detail of the same die from cream card and layered them up. I cut the Someone Special sentiment from Kraft card using the Tonic Art Nouveau die set and glued it to the middle of the frame, added gold pearls and put it in the middle of the card. To finish it off I punched a butterfly and a heart from the patterned paper, glued them to the card and added a gold pearl to both of them.

The layout was from a Die Cuttin' Divas sketch challenge back in June which I'd planned to enter but ordinary life got in the way of my crafting so didn't get time to make a card! I normally do square cards so I collect A5 sketches for inspiration as I find them harder, and thought this would be really versatile for many occasions. Not sure yet who I'll send this card to but hopefully the person who receives the card will like it, I hope you do too. If you'd like to leave a comment that would be great.

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:
Cut It Up Challenge Blog: Words
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge


4 comments:

  1. I'd hoard that gorgeous paper, too! I'm sure it will be going to someone special! Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us for our Word challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! Love the pretty paper and the little butterfly!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the paper. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete