Monday 20 July 2015

65th birthday card for a man

Hello there,
men can be difficult to make cards for and this card was for a close friend's big birthday so I wanted something a bit special but not making a big deal of the 65th birthday. Fleur de lis are a bit more masculine so I decided to make that the theme. I started with an 8 x 8 x antique gold card blank and matted and layered it with red card and white card embossed with a fleur de lis design. I used the Tonic Florid circle cut from red card and backed with antique gold card, then cut the Tonic Happy birthday Pop-Up Sentiment die from red card, backed it with white card and popped it on top. I cut the middle of the Tonic Dotty Lace Circle die from red and put a gold edged, transparent 65 in the middle - subtle but still marking the big birthday.

Hope you like it - if you'd like to leave a comment that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment