Monday 27 April 2015

Apricot flowers

Hello,

this is the second of the three cards I made for my second Unit of the Certificate in Paper Craft.

I used a Kanban kit I've had for ages called Apricot Dreams. I started with an 8 x 8 pale gold card blank which I matted and layered with apricot floral backing card on gold mirri. I created a panel from floral patterned vellum fixed to the pale gold card with gold brads which I placed towards the left side of the card. I created 3 quilled apricot flowers, first time I'd done this and I was quite pleased with the result, and attached them to the bottom right with some Tattered Lace die cut flourishes. Top right I attached a Tonic Happy Birthday sentiment with a gold brad in the middle of the flower.



Because of the quilled flowers I needed a box for this card too and created it from the pale gold card and the same kit but used the left over backing card from the card as the panel, and card which matched the vellum as the main backing card. I finished it with a Hunkydory sentiment which matched the colours.


Thanks for stopping by, any comments are gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment