Sunday 26 April 2015

60th birthday card

Hello,

I'm currently studying for the Certificate in Paper Craft and have just passed Unit 3 - with Credit! Soooo pleased :-) I am going to post the three cards I made for this Unit and this is the first one.

It's a 60th birthday card made for a friend I've known since junior school, but she's a year younger than me. I found the ribbon and used that as a starting point - plus she supports Liverpool so I wanted to include red in the card. I matted some rose embossed card on to gold paper and then matted this on to an 8 x 8 white card blank. I cut the Tonic Happy Birthday Pansy Topper die set from red card and inserted a topper into it, then created flowers from the Bellus Buttercup in red and the Delicate Daisy flower in gold with gold Craftwork Cards Card Candi in the middle of the flowers. I cut gold Fanciful Flourishes to go with the flowers and put gold Card Candi in the corners then added the bow to finish it off.




As there was depth to the card and it had to go through the post I also made a box for the card. I used the same rose embossed card matted onto gold paper, a red and gold flower and gold Card Candi. The sentiment is also Tonic from the Topper die set with a Tonic butterfly to finish it off. I'm pleased to say that my friend was delighted with the card.


Thanks for stopping by, any comments gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment